Party animals

Last weekend we had my son's 1st birthday and his sister’s 3rd birthday is on Tuesday. That's a lot of birthday action in quite a short period of time. For my daughter’s previous birthdays we've just had family and a few friends to the house for a bit of food and a play, which has been lovely. Luckily we have a lot more space now we've moved, so planned to do the same this year but a joint party - which we held on Saturday.


Planning a joint bash was a little more difficult than I expected. The eldest knew what kind of cake she wanted (Minnie Mouse) and she's really into party games and things now, which is great, but I did have to keep reminding myself that it was the little man’s party too. I know he's only one and that he doesn't really understand, and won't remember, but I wanted it to be for both of them.

As previous years, I didn't plan too much. My mum put together a pass the parcel for us, I bought a Wilkos "pin the tail on the donkey", and we spent the rest of the time playing with toys and out in the garden.

Mixed pin the tail on the donkey results...I was "4"!!!

Food included typical party delights such as glittery jelly, party rings, cocktails sausages, crisps, the all important plate of veggie crudités that none of the kids touch but you feel like you should at least offer, and the requested cake. As I've said in a previous post, I'm not much of a baker, but I do like to attempt to make a cake for the kids birthdays. I won't be winning a prize for my cake decorating any time soon, but she was happy with it and it tasted good.


We had a really lovely day with family and friends. The kids were exhausted and once they headed to bed the adults chilled out with a BBQ, our new fire basket, and some home made limoncello one of our guests brought along. Brilliant.



Comments